Women’s dress shoes that offer comfort and style for wide feet can be challenging to find — until now
Finding the perfect pair of dress shoes for women can be a daunting task for any woman (or man, for that matter), but more so for those with wide or difficult-to-fit feet. Whether you’re attending a special event or just looking for a comfortable pair of heels to wear to work, the key to finding the perfect shoe is prioritizing comfort above all else.
Unfortunately, society frowns on wearing sandals to a fancy restaurant or the office, plus you want to look your best — put your best foot forward. And while the style plays a part, you also need function and quality. That’s a lot to ask for a regular dress shoe, let alone one that serves wide feet!
But don’t worry. There’s light at the end of the wide-foot, comfortable and stylish dress shoe tunnel.
In this blog post, we’ll look at some factors to find the best wide dress shoes for women designed with maximum comfort in mind, so you can look and feel your best no matter where you go.
How To Know If You Have Wide Feet?
We’re all different, and not all feet are created equal. Sometimes it’s obvious you have wide feet, and sometimes not.
One way to determine if you have wide feet is to measure the width of your foot using a foot-measuring device or a ruler. A measurement greater than 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) for men and 3 inches (7.6 cm) for women would be considered wide.
If you often have difficulty finding shoes that fit comfortably or if your shoes tend to feel tight or pinch in the width when trying them on, you probably have wide feet. If you want to be sure, a podiatrist or shoe specialist can also assess the width of your feet.
What To Look For When Buying Wide Dress Shoes?
Shopping for dress shoes can be challenging because you have to find that perfect balance of style, comfort, and function. However, the most crucial feature when buying wide dress shoes is a comfortable fit. Here are a few things to consider.
- Comfortable interior: Look for shoes with a soft, padded interior that will mold to the shape of your foot. Avoid shoes with stiff or rough interiors that may cause discomfort or blisters.
- Naturalizer: Look for brands that specialize in wide-width shoes, such as Naturalizer, which offers a range of styles and sizes designed to fit comfortably on wider feet.
- Stretchy: A stretchy upper material such as elastic or a flexible synthetic can help accommodate the broader width of your foot and provide a more comfortable fit.
- Soft cushion: Look for shoes with a soft, cushioned footbed that will provide extra comfort and support.
- With built-in arch support: If you have high arches or other foot issues, look for shoes with built-in arch support or a removable insole you can replace with orthotic inserts.
- Comfortable heel height: Consider the heel height of the shoe, and ensure it is comfortable. High heels may not be suitable for everyone, and lower heels may be more comfortable for extended wear.
If you’re buying shoes online, check the brand’s size chart and measure your foot to ensure you get the right size for your width.
Buying dress shoes for wide feet can be challenging but not impossible. Combining through hundreds of shoes at a regular store is not the ideal way to find comfortable dress shoes that fit wide feet properly.
A simple way to find the best shoes for you is to check out a specialty store like Correct Toes. Correct Toes shoes are specifically made for people with wide feet who need comfort and style for their dress shoes. If you have wide feet and need dress shoes to wear to work, restaurants, special occasions, or just to the store, make sure you prioritize comfort with wide dress shoes.