5 Effective Ways to Promote Your Fitness Franchise
Yes, it’s true. The fitness industry is officially going gang-busters right now. Thanks to more public awareness about health problems such as diabetes and obesity, as well as rising health care expenses, we’re seeing a dramatic increase in the amount of gym memberships sold in the United States. You’ve found yourself smack bang in the middle of a health and fitness industry boom. So where to from here? You’ve opened your doors for business as a part of a larger, trusted brand, but now it’s time to promote your health franchise. Here are some suggestions that might help you in the long run.
- The Old Fashioned Way. It’s really hard to beat the tried and tested models of advertising and marketing, and nothing beats doing it the old fashioned way. Handing out flyers, or mailing newsletters to your local community still works. People find your flyer on their doorstep and it gets the imagination going. Nobody wants to be reminded that they aren’t exercising enough, but if you remind them enough, they might just do something about it and sign up for a membership.
- The New Way. When it comes down to it, internet marketing is becoming more and more effective and people are becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of spending money online. So getting your name out there online in the form of a website is one thing, but there are a number of cheap and even free ways to further promote your business. For example, having a social media presence. Being liked on Facebook and re-tweeted on Twitter is a great way to get in front of new faces and grow your client base. When things go viral, information travels extremely fast, so be sure to keep putting new, interesting, and if possible, funny content out there to the masses.
- Think Outside the Box. Of course, there are a variety of other, more creative ways, to get people’s attention. Organizing public exercise events like flash mob aerobics and guerrilla marketing campaigns such as chalk drawings and murals are excellent marketing tools and can all be filmed and used for viral marketing campaigns at a later date. So get creative and think about some unusual ways to get out of the gym and into the public eye. A publicity stunt never fails.
- The more you join forces with other brands and companies, no matter how different their respective industry may be, the more potential customers you will be exposed to. You could sponsor an event or you could team up with another brand to provide a unique service. If you visit FranchiseExpo.com, you may be able to find other franchise owners to collaborate with
- The Email Blast. Still one of the most effective ways to keep your customers up to date with news and special promotions, the email newsletter or email “blast” should be your first strategy in place. Start building a database with all of your clients’ email addresses. Offering special competitions, video footage and other bonuses are great ways to ensure that your customers read those emails rather then sending them straight to junk.