Mold Odors and Their Adverse Health Effects
If you have noticed a dreadful smell from the basement or attic, you may need to schedule a mold assessment Pompton lakes, NJ. The scent isn’t just unpleasant– it can cause respiratory problems and eye irritation.
You should seek a professional mold inspection. This odor can be caused by water damage or leaks. When water has remained in the same area for an extended period, it can be conducive to mold growth. Discolored surfaces can indicate that a mold colony has developed behind them.
The colors of the mold may vary from black to white or even pastel. A mold inspection is in order if you notice color changes on a surface. Unfortunately, it can also make you feel sick. Mold is a severe health hazard and can lead to respiratory problems, so you should schedule a mold inspection if you notice any of these colors. Otherwise, you may not know what to expect until it’s too late.
It causes respiratory problems.
While mold exposure may be common during certain times, the symptoms are different for everyone. People may experience sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy eyes, skin rash, or coughing. In addition, mold exposure can trigger asthma attacks.
The mold itself is usually white, black, blue, or green. Mold spores are microscopic organisms that have a velvety or fuzzy appearance. These tiny organisms can live anywhere and enter your home through open windows and ventilation systems. People, clothing, and shoes can carry the spores to new locations. Once inside your home, they can cause respiratory problems in healthy and sensitive people.
It causes eye irritation.
If you have noticed cracks on the ceiling or walls, you may have mold issues. This could be a sign of water damage to the walls or roof. Even if the ceiling or walls are not cracked, you should have the moldings checked to ensure no moisture inside the home. If you suspect a problem, you should contact a mold inspection company to conduct a thorough examination.
While mold doesn’t cause immediate health problems, it can have long-term effects if left untreated. Unfortunately, many people don’t recognize the mold symptoms until it has spread to other parts of the home. Therefore, a mold inspection is essential to determine the extent of a problem and recommend proper remediation measures. In the meantime, you can follow these signs to protect your health and your home’s structure.
It r causes nausea.
If you have noticed that a moldy odor is present in your home, you may be suffering from a health problem. Mold exposure can cause allergic reactions. Some people exposed to mold can experience sneezing, coughing, and respiratory congestion. You can ask your family doctor about possible medical complications from mold exposure. People who have asthma can be even more affected by workplace mold exposure, worsening pre-existing conditions. Research has shown that people who spend a lot of time in damp buildings are more likely to develop new asthma. Mold can be found behind ceiling tiles and walls, and even dry mold can cause health problems.
If you notice a musty odor coming from your home, there’s likely a mold problem. The odor is caused by volatile organic compounds, or MVOCs, chemicals released by the mold during its life cycle. If you notice a musty odor in your home, you should look for black or white spots on your clothing. These areas are hotbeds for mold growth, and you should get a mold inspection to rule out this problem.
It causes fatigue.
If you’re feeling tired, mold exposure could be to blame. Respiratory problems, including allergies and asthma, limit the amount of oxygen we can consume, making us feel tired. Even if we get plenty of rest, we may still feel tired, even if the day doesn’t start that way. If you have a persistent, musty odor in your home, it’s time for a mold inspection.
First, you should look for discolored walls. Usually, mold grows near the floor, baseboards, and ceiling. While it may be tempting to dismiss the odor as “just a bad smell,” mold can be a variety of colors. For example, you might notice pink, green, or orange spots on your walls. This is especially alarming for landlords who don’t want tenants complaining about health issues that they attribute to a mold problem.