If you’re suffering from anxiety or PTSD, you may be considering trying a THCV supplement. THCV is an extract of the cannabis plant that’s been shown to help manage these conditions. It’s also been shown to help treat social anxiety disorder (SAD), which is a common problem for those with PTSD.
Here are some things you should know about how THCV helps with anxiety and PTSD:
- THCV helps reduce the symptoms of both disorders by activating the endocannabinoid system in your body and brain. This system helps regulate your mood and emotional response, so when it’s activated, it can make it easier for you to feel calm and relaxed when you need it most.
- The most exciting thing about THCV is that it has been shown to reduce anxiety—even more so than CBD! This makes sense when you consider that CBD and THCV are both cannabinoids but with different functions in your brain. You can look for THCV wholesale offers to get the best product at unbeatable prices.
- THCV comes from cannabigerol (CBG), another compound found in cannabis plants that has similar effects on your body. However, CBG doesn’t have a psychoactive effect like THC does—it doesn’t give users a “high” feeling like THC does—so it’s often used as a non-psychoactive alternative treatment option for people who want CBD without getting high on marijuana products.
In addition to helping treat PTSD and anxiety, there are also other uses for THCV that are being researched by scientists at this very moment. These include:
- Reducing inflammation (which could help with some autoimmune disorders like arthritis)
- Treating epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Aiding people who suffer from obesity or diabetes