The egg diet is based on consuming eggs in every main meal of the day, which increases the amount of protein in the diet, a nutrient that helps to decrease hunger before meals, reducing the amount of food intake and promoting weight loss.
In addition, during the egg diet, it is also recommended to maintain a low carb diet, reducing the intake of foods rich in carbohydrates, such as some fruits and tubers, such as potatoes, cassava, and sweet potatoes, reducing the calories in the diet and favoring the loss of weight. Weight. Understand how the low-carb diet works.
The egg diet can help you lose up to 5.5 kg per week. However, there is no scientific proof of the effects of this diet on weight loss. In addition to being a very restricted diet in calories and nutrients. Therefore, before going on a diet to lose weight. It is advisable to go through a consultation with a nutritionist to assess nutritional needs, drawing up an individualized food plan.
How to do the egg diet
There are some versions of the egg diet, but in general, this diet lasts for 2 weeks, where it is advised to eat 2 eggs for breakfast, along with a portion of low-carb vegetables, such as tomato and spinach, and a portion of low-carb fruit, such as strawberry and pear. See other low-carb foods to include in the egg diet.
In addition, it is also recommended to eat 1 boiled egg before lunch and dinner, because the protein and fat present in the egg help control hunger, reducing the volume of meals. Discover other benefits of the egg.
Eggs should preferably be cooked boiled because they contain fewer calories. But they can also be made into an omelet or scrambled, with a drizzle of olive oil, butter, or coconut oil, which are sources of healthy fats.
During the diet, allowed foods are eggs, lean proteins, low-carb fruits, and vegetables, as explained below:
- Eggs, including the white and yolk;
- Lean proteins such as fish, skinless chicken, and lean beef such as muscle, duck, and rump
- Low-carb vegetables such as spinach, onions, garlic, tomatoes, arugula, zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli, and kale
- Low carb fruits such as kiwi, pear, apple, coconut, avocado, and lemon;
- Fats, in small amounts, such as olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, butter, nuts, and chestnuts;
- Herbs and spices such as pepper, parsley, coriander, rosemary, turmeric, and oregano
- Low-fat dairy, such as skim milk, low-fat yogurt, and white cheeses.
- Calorie-free beverages such as unsweetened water, teas, and coffee are also allowed during the diet.
Although not part of the diet, physical exercises such as weight training, running, walking, or dancing can also be recommended because they help with weight loss. Discover other exercises that help you lose weight.
Foods that should be avoided
During this diet, it is recommended to avoid foods rich in carbohydrates, sugar, and fats, such as:
- Some cereals, such as white bread, white rice, white pasta, and couscous;
- Fruits that are high in carbohydrates, such as dried fruits such as raisins, prunes and dried apricots, grapes, bananas, and mangoes
- Sweets, such as sugar, soft drinks, boxed juices, ice cream, cakes, and cookies;
- Processed foods, such as bacon, ham, bologna, salami, hamburgers, sausage, pizza, French fries, snacks, and sausage;
- Legumes, such as lentils, beans, soybeans, and chickpeas;
- Beverages are rich in calories, such as beer, sparkling wine, wine, and cachaca.
It is also recommended to avoid tubers, such as cassava, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, and yams. Because these foods are high in carbohydrates, increasing the calories in the diet.
The following table provides an example of a 3-day egg diet menu:
- 2 hard-boiled eggs + 1 cup of unsweetened coffee + 6 strawberries
- 2 scrambled eggs + 1 cup unsweetened green tea + 1 orange
- 1 2 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese + 1 cup unsweetened coffee + + 1 apple
- 1 natural low-fat yogurt with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 pear + 3 walnuts
- 1 glass of smoothie prepared with 150 ml of almond milk, 4 strawberries and 1 tablespoon of oat flakes
- 1 boiled egg + 1 grilled chicken fillet with tomato sauce, homemade + 2 tablespoon of brown rice + 1 dessert plate of lettuce, cucumber, arugula and tomato salad, seasoned with vinegar and 1 tablespoon of olive oil + 1 tangerine
- 1 boiled egg + 1 roasted fish fillet + 2 tablespoons of cooked quinoa soup + 1 plate of broccoli, carrot and chayote dessert, cooked and seasoned with 1 tablespoon of olive oil + 1 kiwi
- 1 boiled egg + 1 medium roasted eggplant, stuffed with 150g of tofu + 1 dessert plate of salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, and carrot, seasoned with 1 dessert spoon of olive oil and vinegar + 1 guava
- 1 apple cooked with cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 1 low-fat plain yogurt with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder and 1 tablespoon of peanut soup
- Porridge made with 1 tablespoon of oat bran, 200 ml of skimmed milk, or vegetable drink, and 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
This is just a model of the egg diet, which can vary depending on the health status, physical activity level, and weight of each one. As it is a very restricted diet, this diet should be followed for up to 2 weeks and, preferably, with the help of a nutritionist to adapt the diet to individual needs.
Care after the diet
After the diet, it is important to maintain a balanced diet, prioritizing the consumption of healthy and fresh foods, such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, lean proteins, and dairy products. See how to eat a healthy diet. erotic massage midtown
To maintain the weight achieved, it is also essential to practice physical activities regularly, such as walking, running, fighting, or dancing, for 30 to 60 minutes, at least 3 times a week.
Who can’t do
Due to the low amount of carbohydrates, some people may feel tired, dizzy, and ill during this diet.
The egg diet is not recommended for people with a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol, familial hypercholesterolemia, people with kidney disease, and people with an egg allergy or intolerance.
This diet is also not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. As well as for children and adolescents, and people with changes in eating behavior, such as binge, anorexia, or bulimia.