Natural Remedies for Back Pain
Back pain (the correct term is “low back pain”) is a common disorder that afflicts many people, of all ages and social status.
The causes can be many: bad lifestyle habits (physical inactivity, overweight, unfit mattress, poor posture), anxiety and stress, trauma such as whiplash, pathologies of the spine (scoliosis, sciatica etc.), the practice of some sports.
Let’s see some effective remedies to combat this disorder…
- Avoid sudden movements and avoid lifting heavy loads.
- Practice regular sport and physical activity. Preferred toning exercises and stretching, to be associated with moderate aerobic activity.
- Keeping your ideal weight: Obesity is in fact one of the major risk factors for back pain.
- In case the pain is due to a sudden trauma like the witch shot, it is crucial the absolute rest for 12-48 hours. Do not exceed this period of time since an excessive rest can even worsen the situation because the muscles tends to weaken.
- Avoid as much as possible fresh shots (it is preferable to dress in layers in the winter period, to avoid extreme temperature changes).
- Undergo deconstructing massages given by experienced staff.
- Hot packs are an effective remedy against pain. Try to apply on the sore lower back an adhesive that allows to maintain a comfortable temperature for 8 hours. The heat in fact has a natural analgesic effect immediately pupil pain. It can also be helpful to wear a lap belt designed as a back support or to accommodate the envelope hot / cold gel.
- For women, try not often wear high-heeled shoes: it is better to wear comfortable shoes suitable to life every day.
- If the cause of the pain is an incorrect position, try to come closer to yoga: this discipline it has a positive effect on the spine, making it more elastic.
- It is important to understand what the causes of your back pain are. If symptoms persist, contact a specialist to understand what might be the most effective therapy.
You may also like to read another article on MenHealthCare: Natural remedies for puffy eyelids
Nature also provides us with the alternatives against low back pain…
Ginger: If the cause of back pain is associated with an inflammatory state, the ginger root is one of the most effective remedies because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Try to prepare a decoction made from ginger root, cut a small piece of root into thin slices, then bringing them to a boil for about 30 minutes. Before drinking, strain and let cool the liquid obtained.
Arnica: Another viable alternative due to its anti-inflammatory power. It can be found in the form of capsules to be taken orally or as ointment for spreading and massaging on the affected part.
Elderberry: Dried elderberry flowers can be used for the preparation of herbal teas can relieve back pain.
Lavender: Essential oil of lavender is one of the most popular due to its relaxing properties. It can be used to make massage and to facilitate ease tensions.