10 things to do to start a healthy life
To lead a healthy life is based on three basic pillars: food, exercise and rest. Today we are going to propose 10 Habits or things to do to start a healthy lifestyle. Many times, there is the intention to lead a healthy life, but we do not know where to start. Changing or acquiring the habits that we propose, it manages to lead a quite healthy life. Just propose…
1) Change your shopping list: Key to start improving your diet. A good diet begins making a healthy purchase. Focus on fresh produce and avoid processed foods. Most food must be steaks, vegetables and vegetables, not forgetting the meat and fish.
2) Learn to cook: The second step to start eating right. If we do not know how to cook, we will probably end up with precooked foods or “anything” that we find in the refrigerator. Domimar culinary techniques like steam cooking, iron, papillote or oven, will be fundamental to make our diet healthier. Knowing how to cook saves calories and improves the taste of our shopping list.
3) Drink water and limit consumption of soft drinks and alcoholic: We have discussed many times one of the great drags of the diet is the amount of calories we drink. Water should be the main drink and soft drinks or alcohol sporadic, to take a timely manner during the week drinks. If we are able to assimilate this habit, we have many livestock.
4) Fruits and vegetables should not miss: We cannot go a single day without taking food from these groups. They are the ones that will provide us with much of the vitamins, minerals and fiber, essential nutrients for the normal development of the organism. Try that in any main meal there is at least one food from each group.
5) Exercise daily: One of the fundamental pillars for a healthy life. Here the main thing is to choose a sport that motivates and you like, to be able to realize it daily. About 30 minutes a day of physical activity is a huge boost to your health. And if one day you do not have time, do even 15 minutes of jogging or exercises at home: anything goes.
6) Forget the sedentary lifestyle: Climbing stairs, going to work or cycling not spend more than 30 minutes on the couch … are small gestures of everyday life that make us less sedentary and healthier. Avoid all that is sitting without doing anything and go out to the street to move.
7) Reduce stress in your life: This is one of the most neglected aspects that are often not taken into account. Try to minimize your stress level, which is mostly given at work. An excess of stress leads to chronic fatigue and not being happy, something very important if we want to have a healthy life.
You may also like to read another article on MenHealthCare: Healthy lifestyle and herbal medicine for prostate health
8) Improve your sleep habits: A regular rest schedule can help us a lot to recover from fatigue the day before. A good mattress, an optimal environment for rest and sleep 7 to 8 hours, finding our sleep schedule, will help you sleep better. Avoid going to bed watching your cell phone or TV, they are stimuli that interfere with sleep.
9) Limit consumption of salt and sugar: Both tend to be very present in the diet. WHO recently decreased the recommendations sugar diet. This is very important to know the foods, read the nutrition labeling and know what amounts of sugar and salt we eat daily. An excess of sugar contributes to obesity and an excess of salt feeds hypertensive processes.
10) Insert fiber in your diet: Fiber is undoubtedly the most overlooked diet. It is very important to regulate the intestinal transit and to produce the sensation of satiety that will make that we do not happen with the calories. The benefits of fiber will make the body work better. Foods like fruits, vegetables and vegetables are rich in fiber, hence, also, their importance in the diet.
As you can see, some habits are easy to acquire, we just have to pay a little attention. Others, however, require more effort and continuity. In general, start a healthy lifestyle requires changing eating habits, start to exercise and pay attention to a good rest. If you want, you can, just start with point number one and continue until ten.